Kids First Home Visiting Program
KidsFirst focuses on the well being of Regina’s children and supports their healthy and productive development from prenatal to 3 years. KidsFirst is a child centered, family focused, strength-based program; focuses on the strengths of the family. The program is culturally appropriate, with the inclusion of Indigenous Organizations and an emphasis on Prevention and Early Intervention.
In April 2002, the Eagle Heart Centre entered a partnership to deliver a Home Visiting Competent of the KidsFirst Program.
KidsFirst is a province-wide initiative of Saskatchewan education, health, intergovernmental and Aboriginal Affairs of Saskatchewan Department of Community Resources and Employment. In Regina, these departments are working in cooperation with School Divisions and Regina Health District, First Nations and Metis organizations and numerous early childhood community partners.
The Program and the Home Visitors provide the following:
- In-home support and referrals to community and resources and services
- Assist Prenatal and Postnatal families in a variety of areas
- Aid in the health of the baby and the parents with Medical appointments, immunizations, etc., which includes transportation
- Information and resources to relieve stress of caring for a new baby
- Share and show ways to care for baby through information, hands on experiences and curriculum materials
- Parenting groups and promote, support and attend community events
- A voluntary service with no cost to the family
- Provide and arrange goal orientated transportation
- Strengths within the family are identified and built on to play a significant role in the baby’s life
Referrals to the program are made through:
1672 Albert Street, Regina, SK
January 16, 2019